Sterling Heights, Michigan
About the job
Winner of multiple awards in product design and excellence, Serapid, Inc. is a leading supplier of lifts, quick die change and horizontal transfer systems. As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll serve as a critical member to Serapid’s custom product development team, designing leading-edge products for diverse industries including architecture, nuclear, medical, defense, automation, engineering, manufacturing, theater, and entertainment.
Your responsibilities will include performing detailed designs of custom mechanical systems. You’ll collaborate with sales personnel to develop layout and proposal drawings to assist the sales process, and meet with the manufacturing team to develop and review project plans and manage projects in terms of cost and schedule.
You’ll be responsible for testing and evaluating the performance of developmental parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating systems, managing quality control and assurance programs, keeping detailed records of findings and recommendations. You will consult with engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determine requirements of detailed working drawings, and supervise and coordinate work activities of workers engaged in drafting, designing layouts, assembling, and testing. Additionally, you will provide technical assistance and resolution when mechanical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction, analyzing and interpreting test information to resolve design-related problems, travelling to project sites when necessary.
This position is in our Sterling Heights (MI) office, candidates should be local to the Greater Detroit area.
Our ideal candidate:
1) Has 5-10 years design experience with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
2) Certified PE or in progress towards PE certification.
3) Is proficient with SolidWorks Parametric Modeling and SolidWorks Simulation.
4) Has experience in the design of motion systems and special machines.
5) Possesses a good working knowledge of basic machining methods, fabrication and other manufacturing processes.
6) Is trained in standard mechanical engineering industry practices.
7) Is proficient in performing engineering calculations such as motor horse power, stress and deflection of steel and torque analysis of shafts.
8) Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
9) Is proficient in Microsoft Office.
10) Has good planning and time management skills, ability to organize, set priorities, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
11) Has good mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
12) Has good decision making, problem solving, and team member skills.
13) Is legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Major medical insurance, dental, Aflac, 401k, life insurance, education reimbursement.
All resume submissions will be kept on file for six months.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please fill out the following questions and attach your resume.